Clive

Clive

Tuesday 31 March 2009

Curioser and curioser

Okay, so I have been compiling evidence and this has turned into an extremely complex case. As I feared, That Whippet is way out of his depth (let's just say 'good cop, bad cop' is completely beyond his understanding). Despite his inadequacies, we have interviewed several key witnesses (though to be honest I did most of the talking!):
  • Mum
  • Dad
  • Dylan (side-kick's are notorious for turning out to be the baddies!)
  • the bedside alarm clock
  • the living room clock
  • Dad's watch
  • the oven clock
  • the bar clock
  • the old ship clock
However, due to the wileyness of the criminal we are pursuing, it would seem that:
  • no-one saw anything
  • no-one heard anything
  • no-one smelt anything (obviously, this relates more to canines than humans who are useless at smells)
On the basis of things I have seen with my own eyes through my magnifying glass (sorry, apparently us detectives aren't allowed to share the secrets of how this amazing instrument works), I have compiled the following list of suspects:
  • the bedside alarm clock
  • the living room clock
  • Dad's watch
  • the oven clock
  • the bar clock
  • the old ship clock
  • Dylan (well, as I'm sure I've said before, there's something shifty about him)
I am still pondering my next step, but am having to have a break as I have a mysterious injury to my nose which requires concentration to heal. Hopefully it is unconnected to the case, but since I can't rule out that I am getting close to the truth I have to acknowledge it might be an attempt to put me off detecting.

Never!

2 comments:

Ruby Isabella said...

I am sending healing vibes for your nose. I'm sure it is just a matter of time until you crack the case. (sorry, pun was unintended.)

Anna the GSD said...

You're close...the MAN has sent nose hitmen to hinder your progress...the truth is out there....